Y9, you are going to attempt to create a vlog of a secret Catholic during the Reformation. You need to record a series of short videos to document the events of the Reformation in England. It can be different people doing each clip.
Some things you may want to include:
- Rumours of change, protest and reform in Europe including Martin Luther and John Calvin (1517-1520)
- Henry VIII and his jealousy of the Catholic Church (1520ish onwards)
- Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon (1533)
- New Laws (forcing everyone to acknowledge his divorce and remarriage) (1534)
- Thomas More and his fate (1535)
- Henry VIII and the monasteries (1536-1541)
- The future…?
Some vlogging tips:
- Why was religion so important to Tudor people? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningzone/clips/why-was-religion-so-important-to-tudor-people/162.html
- Henry VII and Catherine of Aragon - http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningzone/clips/catherine-of-aragon-and-henry-viii-pt-1-2/8961.html and http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningzone/clips/catherine-of-aragon-and-henry-viii-pt-2-2/8962.html
- Henry VIII’s motives for his break with Rome - http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningzone/clips/henry-viiis-motives-for-his-break-with-rome/163.html
- Why did Henry VIII dissolve the monasteries? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningzone/clips/why-did-henry-viii-dissolve-the-monasteries/165.html
Download Worksheet: <here>
9L - Due in 13th November 2013