Image courtesy of Wikimedia
Write an formal letter to someone you know who no longer goes to Mass on Sundays.
- Explain what you now understand about the Eucharist.
- How it has challenged and/or helped you to appreciate what happens at Mass.
- Make some suggestions that you think might encourage this person to return to Mass.
Think about the following to help you answer the question:
- Describe some of the actions of the Mass. [L3]
- Give some examples of specific parts of the Mass and explain why they are important. [L4]
- Explain some of the misunderstandings or confusions about what happens during the Mass.
- Highlight the Catholic teaching and beliefs about the Mass. How could you encourage someone to return to Mass? [L5]
- Give your own opinion, carefully backed up with evidence, about the challenges of the Eucharist. Explain why Mass is something to be appreciated. Consider the opinions of others. [L6]
- Reference to scripture, Catechism etc. [L7]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agjq162te4A [L4+]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcB7Uem00n4 [L5+]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdGkTdv4Dt4 [L4+]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMSiHGTBdGk [L6+]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddub2td3m0k [L6+]