Your first Y9 Assessment is focused on places of Christian pilgrimage. You must pick one place to really focus on; it must be detailed information that shows you really understand the place in the context of pilgrimage.
You may want to present it like a straightforward project book, or some people have chose to make PowerPoints, websites or even videos!
A popular choice is to present it like an advertisement for the place allowing space to fully explain why it is important and why it is a significant place of pilgrimage.
To aim for L6 and above it is necessary to think creatively! Perhaps include an interview with a person to allow for a description of the life changing effects?
Places you may want to choose:
2. St Michael’s Tower, Glastonbury, UK
3. Church of the Nativity, Bethlehem
4. Vatican City / Rome
5. Slipper Chapel, Walsingham UK
6. St James Cathedral, Compostela (Santiago de Compostela), Spain
7. Medjugorje, Croatia
8. Knock, Ireland
9. Lourdes, France
10. Fatima, Portugal
- What do pilgrims do and see there?
- Why it is an important place of pilgrimage?
- How did it become a place of pilgrimage?
- What effects can a pilgrim expect?
- How will a pilgrimage effect their every day lives?
- How do people get there?
- Where do people stay?
- What does it look like (pictures)?
- Where exactly is it (map)?